Oral hygiene is an important step that keeps our smile healthy and teeth strong enough to last a lifetime. Without the basic oral health care essentials, our oral health can decline rapidly causing you to lose teeth and suffer from gum disease. That is why, our dentists, Drs. Lehmkuhler and Dr. Asbjornson in Dodge City, Kansas, are here to explain the basics of oral health care tips.
Here are some basic insights into oral health care tips to keep a healthy smile:
– Make sure that you are brushing your teeth at least twice every day.
– Make sure that you were brushing your tongue every day too.
– Because brushes cannot clean between teeth, a sturdy and reliable interdental tool such as a dental floss will be needed to clean between teeth every day.
– Alternative cleaning tools such as mouthwash and chewing gum are highly effective at times when brushing can be overly abrasive, which includes after eating.
– Cleaning between your teeth is most effective when done correctly. If you struggle with dental floss, try using a water flosser.
– For further help with your oral health care, visit your dentist twice every year for reliable cleanings.
Your oral health could stay in excellent health if you apply these tips into your everyday life. If you have questions about your smile, or need help with any oral health care needs, call our office at 620-225-5154 today to make an appointment. At the dental practice of with First Dental, we are happy to review your oral health with you and help your smile in any way we can.